Archiving Programs & Registrations
Archiving Programs and Registrations is an important step related to the annual maintenance of your registration system. At the end of each season* you must Archive all past programs and registrations in order to start with a clean slate going into the next season. Rest assured, when programs and registrations are Archived, they are not deleted from the system but are simply moved from an “Active” status to an “Archived” status. Archiving all of your “past participant” data allows us to keep your system moving fast and helps you to better organize new programs and registrations. In essence, this step resets the Programs page by removing old listings, and resets the Registrations page by taking the active registration counts back to zero.
*There is no pre-determined date range for a “season”. Seasons are solely set by the client and can be anything. For example, a summer camp season may run from Sept 1 – August 30, whereas a winter sports association season may run from Oct 1 to May 1.
Important Things to Note:
• Once program listings and related registrations are archived, all data in those records will become un-editable. However, you will still be able to export email and mailing addresses via the Marketing tab, send communiqués via the Communication tab, and even make payments to these accounts.
• There is not a specific date that you need archive programs and registrations, but it is best to do so once all programs have been completed for the season, all financial reports have been run, all registrations have been paid in full, and books are balanced.
• Within each archived program listing, you will find the End of Year Report. This report can be downloaded from any archived program and includes a complete data dump of all pertinent registration information.
• Please note that the End of Year Report will show the status, and balance due, of each registration at the time of archiving and this status cannot be changed once Archived. Once Archiving is initiated and completed, all programs and registrations will be listed as Archived. For this reason it is recommended that all registrations for a given program are Paid in full at time of Archiving. If this is not possible and you need to archive before collecting any final payments, you may use the Make A Payment button inside an individual, archived registration to process a payment.
• All Reports found in the standard Reports area of the system will continue to display Archived programs and registrations (for the time being). They will simply reflect a status of Archived. Archived Programs and Registrations can be filtered out using the filtering features within each relative report.
• Effects on the following Dashboard reports:
1. Dashboard Registration Counts and Revenue by Month Graphs: Not affected
2. Real-Time Registrations Report: Archived camps will not be displayed
3. Monthly Registrations report: Not affected.
How to Archive Your Programs and Registrations:
Go to Programs and click the edit button next to the program you want to archive. Inside each program listing you will find two new buttons:
1. Archive Program:
This button will archive the selected program listing and all registrations associated with it, and set all of them to Archived status. This button is designed to be used for those programs you will no longer be offering during the following season, as outlined below. You will then find this listing under the View Archived Programs link.
2. Archive and Copy Program:
This button will archive the selected program listing and all registrations associated with it, and set all of them to Archived status. In addition, it will also make an exact copy of the selected program listing, while deleting a few of the date sensitive fields, and set that new program listing to active status. You will then find this new, copied program listing under the Programs main page, and the one you just archived under the View Archived Programs link.
This button is designed to allow you to archive the previous seasons program listing, and all associated registrations, while at the same time creating an exact copy of the listing for the following season.
Where to find Archived Programs and Registrations:
- All archived camps will display under the blue "View Archived Programs" link on the left side of the main Programs page.
- All archived registrations will display under the blue "Archived Registrations" link on the left side of the main Registrations page.