In this email, you'll notice three pieces of information:
- Your Company Number - you can disregard this
- Your Direct Number - this is important. This is the number you will use to log in to your RingCentral account. This is also the number clients can call you directly on.
- Your Extension - this is your internal extension. This is how clients will reach you through the auto attendant system.
At the bottom of the email is a link to customize your account. Click on it.
- Create your password, PIN, and select your security question.
- Click on the "Sounds Easy, Let's do it!" button
- Verify your name and email address are correct. Next.
- Leave call screening OFF. Next.
- Leave call handling as is. Next.
- Choose whether you'd like the default Voicemail greeting, or you can record a custom greeting by selecting "Custom" and then following the on-screen instructions.
Now that your RingCentral account has been activated, you'll need to set up a softphone. A softphone is an application on either your computer or your mobile phone that allows you to make and receive phone calls using your RingCentral account.