Screenshot on Mac Instructions
Modified on: Fri, 17 Apr, 2015 at 3:13 PM
How to take a screenshot of a specific area of your desktop in Mac OS X
- Pull up the application, window, or other item you'd like to take a screenshot for. This works for images on the web or virtually anything you could think of.
- On your keyboard, press Command + Shift + 4 and then release all keys.
- You will now see that your mouse cursor has turned into crosshairs that you can move around.
- Drag the cursor to where you'd like to start one of the corners of the screenshot and press down and drag the mouse over the area you'd like to capture.
- When you're done selecting the area simply release your mouse button.
- Now check your desktop and you should see a new .png file that contains the screenshot you just took.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.